NZ Beacon

A Protestant Bible Believing Publication Since 1982 standing upon and for the Authorised English text of the 1611 Holy Scriptures

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

What the NIV says about itself

The following are quotations out of the NIV translation which no NIV reader really believes!!The NIV says that the O.T. words are the Father’s words given by the Holy Spirit to prophets; - Heb. 1: 1 “In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways,”2 Pet. 1: 21 “For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.”Acts 1:16, “Brothers, the Scripture had to be fulfilled which the Holy Spirit spoke long ago through the mouth of David concerning Judas, who served as guide for those who arrested Jesus.”The NIV says they were told to write down thosewords; - Exodus 17:14 “Then the LORD said to Moses, Write this on a scroll as something to be remembered and make sure that Joshua hears it, because I will completely blot out the memory of Amalek from under heaven.Ex. 34:27 “Then the LORD said to Moses, Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.”2 Chron. 26:22 “The other events of Uzziah's reign, from beginning to end, are recorded by the prophet Isaiah son of Amoz.”Jer. 30:2 “This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: Write in a book all the words I have spoken to you.”The NIV says Christ brought more words from heaven; - John 3:34 “For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit.”John 12: 4 “For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it.”John 14:24 “...These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.”John 17: 8 “For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them.”John 17:14 “I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world.”The NIV says that they were to write them down; -John 21: 24 “This is the disciple who testifies to these things and who wrote them down. We know that his testimony is true.”Luke 1:3,4 “Therefore, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, it seemed good also to me to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.”1 Corinthians 14: 37 “If anybody thinks he is a prophet or spiritually gifted, let him acknowledge that what I am writing to you is the Lord's command.”The NIV says that the Holy Spirit reminds the writers of each of those words so none got lost; - John 14:26 “But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.”The NIV says that the Lord’s words are pure and flawless; - Psalm 12: 6 “And the words of the LORD are flawless, like silver refined in a furnace of clay, purified seven times.”2 Sam. 22:31 “As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless..”Psa. 18:30 “As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.” Prov. 30:5 “Every word of God is flawless;” he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.”The NIV says that its readers are commanded not to add to, or take away from, those words; - Deut. 4:2 2 “Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the LORD your God that I give you.”Deut. 12:32 “See that you do all I command you; do not add to it or take away from it.”Prov. 30: 6 “Do not add to his words, or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar.”Rev. 22:18, 19 “I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. 19 And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.”NIV readers are told that those words will all be preserved; - Matt. 24: 35 “Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.”Mark 13: 31 “Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.” [Continued page 16]What the NIV says about itself... cont. from page 13Luke 21: 33 “Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.”Psalm 119: 160 “All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal.”1 Peter 1: 25 “but the word of the Lord stands forever." And this is the word that was preached to you.”Psalm 119: 89 “Your word, O LORD, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens.”NIV readers are commanded to live by those words; - Matt. 4:4 “Jesus answered, It is written: Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.”Thus according to the NIV, and any other version, modern or ancient, of the Holy Scriptures, we know that God himself gave us words which he caused to be written down, that every one of those words are pure and flawless, that everyone of those words will be preserved for us, that we are never to add to or take away from those words, and we are to live by every one of them.Do the readers of the NIV believe all those things that their NIV says about itself?I have never met one yet and I have never spoken to anyone who has met one. Write to the Editor about anyone you know who professes to and I will be happy to contact them and personally retract the above statement publicly. [ONLY believers in the Authorised Holy Scriptures believe the actual words written in their Book (often known as the King James Bible)].

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home